Stop looking back in history to see what to do now!
The inflation rate was 1 percent in 1965 & hit 14 percent by 1980. Volcker took the radical step of switching Fed policy from targeting interest rates to targeting the money supply.
Volker was an economist. Powell is a lawyer.
The Phillips Curve was a (dumb) theory and still is.
We do not have a monetary problem!
Us versus them Mind Set is the problem!
Us with them is the solution!
- There is plenty of oil in Iran. Honor the agreement the world signed, and Trump cancelled. Let everybody buy oil from Iran and pay for it with any fiat currency they want.
- Tear down those trade barriers Trump erected and let the goods and services flow without government intervention.
- Stop the Fed’s bloodletting. It did not cure fevers in humans in the past and it won’t cure the QE fever caused by Wall Street’s financial crisis.
- Replace the Fed with an AI program, free of government intervention, that will only supply the necessary liquidity for markets to function. Nothing more. Not economic growth! Not employment! Not happiness!
- Regulate Wall Street to prevent it from causing another QE solution to problems they create.